Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bathrooms on my mind...

In home improvement projects I've quickly discovered that starting small is the way to go. Therefore, I've chosen my master bathroom and my powder room as contenders for some little updates. I've been searching high and low for new towel hooks and simple, but useful shelving. Where are the two places I seem to search? Yes - CB2 and my never-failing, West Elm. Do any of you know where else I can find affordable but modern hardware? Here is what I've found so far....
Coat Rack from CB2

Textured Hooks from West Elm

Right now in my master bathroom I have one single towel bar (not so effective) so I'm looking into removing it and adding about 4 hooks instead of the bar (2 for me and 2 for... my guy if need be). I found the hooks from West Elm and I'm not sure if I should go with something smaller or a longer hook for a bath towel. I also found a coat rack which, from the reviews from CB2, serves as a very nice towel rack as well. Decisions... decisions....

What I have my eye on for my downstairs powder room is this little beauty.....





I found this online at Barn Light Electric. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical searching a website that is truly the opposite of my style, but this lamp adds the perfect punch of color while being equally feminine. The metal finish creates a modern industrial feel. I can't wait to buy it but sadly it's a whopping $255.00 so that one will have to wait a little longer. For the walls of my powder room (because it's so tiny) I want to do small glass or ceramic tiles half way up the wall... similar to the tiles you would use for the backsplash of a kitchen. Here are some that I particularly liked.




This is definitely too bright of a color but I really like the odd shapes of the tiles that make it look similar to a honeycomb


I love how classically simple this is. I feel like a nice horizontal sleek tile like this might match better with the brightness of the lamp. I'd probably lean towards a more sea foam color palette of tiles so my lamp doesn't look to bright next to these cool and subdued tiles. What do you think? I can't wait to save up and get these projects started!

XoXo,
Nina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! xoxo