Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Long Wait is Over

After much anticipation, I finally did it - purchased my very own brand new home. I have to admit I did a pretty dang good job too.

One thing I've learned about post-college adulthood is that things don't always come according to schedule. I had no intention of buying a home for almost a year but as life goes my living situation changed and my future home popped right up. It was almost perfect timing to be honest. Anywho, after living at home for a few weeks (which I have to admit is amazing... kudos to everyone who made this smart decision after school) I'll be moving in my new abode this weekend. Now starts the unpacking, cleaning and finally decorating process.

I've been totally obsessed with home improvement, DIY and interior blogs. Particularly: MadeByGirlPepper Design Blog, and Design*Sponge. I have managed to find amazingly chic decorating ideas that are also very low cost. I think I aim at pricey accessories and affordable staples. For example, I bought a beautiful solid dark wood table on CraigsList for $100.00 (which needs minimal re-staining) and found these beautiful chairs at West Elm to spice it up:


Let me tell you I had no idea how expensive chairs were. Even at Ikea I couldn't find a decent chair for less than $50 for one! I have a feeling that home decorating is going to be putting a huge dent in my wardrobe.


Until next time...

xoxo,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! xoxo