Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Living in: A Haboob

Feels like Arizona summers are a hot topic for me these days. This morning I had the pleasure of waking up to a yard covered in a thick layer of brown dust - so thick that my dogs footprints were visible. Last night, Phoenix experienced what may have been the largest Haboob in years. What is a Haboob? you ask. Let me explain.


A "Haboob" which originates from Arabic, is defined as: a type of intense sandstorm commonly observed in arid regions throughout the world.


Picture this:





all pictures via azcentral




A mile-high cloud of dust. Gross. Today we are left with the remnants of dust in the air, debris on the ground and thousands of black swimming pools. Never in my twenty something years of life have I experienced anything of such epic proportions. So who wants to move to Phoenix? It's only 109 today!


Catch you on the otherside of the Haboob


xoxo,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! xoxo