Monday, July 18, 2011

Looking Up: Lighting

When I bought my house back in October, it came with some very basic, but doable lighting. Over the last few months, I've been adding artwork to my walls and (for lack of better words) making my house a home. My lighting seems to be less fitting more and more daily. Remember this little guy?

Mi Casa #boringlamp

Well it's still here, hanging above me as I type. It's rather bland to be honest, but until now it didn't really bother me. However, I've been seeing affordable pendants and DIY lighting that makes me think this update might be an easy one. Check these out.

via

This lamp, believe it or not (!) is made from those paint stirring sticks that are free at Home Depot. Are you kidding me? People are so smart. 

via

This weaved lamp is actually made from a flower basket (upside down) then weaved with a sisal rope that can be found at none other than... your local Home Depot. 
This lamp would probably cost me about $20.00 to make. Tops. You likey?
But then I think, "I love DIY, but do I want to add yet another project to my DIY list?" 

-"Yes, probably."

But these West Elm lamps have really got me asking that same question over and over. 

via
Ah, the classic drum pendant. This guy would offset my square table with its soft chic look. 


Well hello there pretty. I love this. With an awesome Edison bulb to pair, this one is just lovely. But I wonder, would I need two? This one seems sort of small. If that's the case, how does the electrical work?  I think the last thing I can afford is an electrician (note to self: I gotta befriend one of those). Have any of you had experience with updating and adjusting your lighting? 


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! xoxo