Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pattern Obsession: Chevron

I know everyone discovered chevron about a few years ago but being that I just became a homeowner, I've absolutely fallen in love with the pattern. For all of you who may not be so familiar with this lovely pattern, here are the chevron bath rugs I just purchased from West Elm (aside from the fact that my lovely blog header is complimented with a grey chevron)


Given my new exciting lifestyle I've pathetically gained the unhealthy habits of hours of blogging while watching the latest episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians. When did my life get so amazing? I digress...

Anyway, back to chevron - my pattern obsession. I guess you could call my blogging habit somewhat useful as I have found plenty of items and ideas that awakened my imagination for decorating my white and bare home. Chevron just happened to be one of those patterns that is simple in it's complexity. It's bold but subtle. Check out some of the inspiring rooms I've discovered over some time....

El Mueble Magazine via MadeByGirl
MadeByGirl blogger, Jen Ramos, recently posted this amazing kitchen featured in El Mueble magazine. El Mueble is a Spanish based design magazine that boasts latin-inspired modern home designs. The kitchen above has white cabinets that compliment the teal chevron backsplash that is homey without being obnoxiously colored.  I would love to have something like this in my house but my thoughts are that my complex granite countertops will just clash with a backsplash like this - great inspiration though. What are your thoughts?

Via Design*Sponge

This "wallpaper" was actually a home DIY project featured on Design*Sponge. I cannot fathom the time and attention to detail this took to complete. You can see the DIY process featured in the link below the photo.  As a girl on a budget, I love finding new DIY ideas that I can do at home - it keeps me busy in a productive way and saves me tons of money. This chevron-inspired wall would be something I'd love to tackle but think wallpaper may just be easier. 


This room is a bold one. I'm definitely impressed although I would never be able to pull this off in my own house. However, on many days I find myself staring off onto my walls thinking of ways to liven them up. I've been thinking of some drapery and think that a bold pattern like this would seriously brighten any dull room.

What are your favorite patterns? Do any of you have recommendations of where I can buy modern fabrics for window coverings?


XoXo,

Nina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! xoxo