Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Catholic girl gone Buddhist

As a child, I was raised Catholic. I have always had a spiritual outlook on being religious and having a relationship with God, but over the years I have grown to admire the Buddhist religion and, if it's safe to say, the culture that encompasses Buddhism. Throughout my college studies, we learned about different religions and Eastern and Western outlooks on life. The idea of Buddhism really inspires my life. The belief that there is no hierarchy in nature embraces a very open and natural culture. I've always been a fan of different cultures and very open to various outlooks on life and have tried to reflect this free and natural notion when decorating my home. Recently my parents travelled to Thailand and picked up this hand-carved, three piece Buddha face. It's beautiful, simple and the wood is so raw that it really compliments my style.




Below are some items I found in local stores that I find would be contemporary accents to enhance my appreciation for nature. 

Buddha Fountain available at Z Gallerie

Tea Pot Available at Cost Plus World Market



I feel like such a West Elm advertiser - but their product line is really just my style!

Tribal Rug 

Tree Stump Side Table




XoXo,


Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! xoxo